Saturday, July 28, 2007

One Year



2007–07–28

A long time without writing…I should probably write more regularly.

Yahli is almost 1 year old now. Its definitely been a very busy year, and I cannot remember when he started crawling, or saying abba - which is the hebrew for daddy.

He is slowly but surely becomming a little person - more independant every day, with his own opinions, fears, expressions, and sense of humor.

It is an amazing journey that I am doing together with him. watching him as he smiles because he discovered something new like speaking, or walking, or how a fan spins. I sometimes try to imagine what he sees and how the world looks to him. I can only try: imagine the largest most impressive mountains and forests you have ever seen... and now think the whole world is like that - huge, and new and amazing. I doubt if Yahli would find a tree like the one in the picture that interesting when he is 5, or 10 or 20. His mind is learning and growing constantly, making new connections that he will use in the future.


And how am i doing ? you must be asking yourself. I am doing well. While life has definetly changed quite a bit - its still a struggle: my job, my meaning and purpose in life, and my personal troubles have not gone away. I feel more urgently the need to be happy and content, and of course to make more money - all not only for my own sake, or my wife's but also the little one.

We are moving to a new apartment - and prices have skyrocketed unproportionally to the salary. but this is the price to pay to live in the only big lively city in Israel. Pretty soon, we will have to take the decision and leave the big city for a country home- that will serve us for many years to come.

So, until next time.

Yours,

Dad.


No comments: